November 02, 2010

Abstract Architecture?

Well, no. But architecture sometimes gives you material for interesting viewpoints, extreme perspective, or surprising crops that sets your image apart from what other people have seen there, on the street, with the building in plain sight.
Yesterday I was just standing there in front of this imposing granary building in Beilngries, Bavaria. Looking through my viewfinder, I was not hoping for much: Standard "from-the-street" perspective, and the front of the building looked bland. But tilting the camera and aligning the narrow but high windows along the diagonal something suddenly clicked - and so did my camera :)
Unfortunately the standard contrast development did nothing to show both the wooden shutters and the structure of the wall well, so I did some HDR development:

Gable 27300_16.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment