January 04, 2011

Love is all around...

Found this Spanish inscription on a rusty old sculpture:

Solo el amor se queda:
Solo el Amor 27962_0B25

Did some heavy (at least for me) post-processing on this one to emphasize the texture of the background without overpowering the inscription. The final step was giving the words some extra glow. A combination of HDR Efex and Lightroom processing.

I've submitted this image to the chairman's challenge on the theme "Time" over at Nikongear. I like the contrast between the central message of the inscription about the lasting power of love and the lichens slowly encroaching on it. I personally have a clear favorite of who is winning the battle between lichens and love :)

Hope you like it!
---
After January 9th I will know how many voted for my entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment