March 03, 2011

Nikon 35mm madness

Having had the chance to test all three current 35mm Nikon primes on a D300 and a D700 did throw quite a spanner in any other photographic work I would have liked to pursue. I'm still not through with writing up all the results from the various tests, raking up almost 900 shots in the course of the action! But I can now at least show you some concise comparison of those three lenses. Have a look, you're in for some surprising results!
As 35mm is sort of an universal focal length that comparison was pretty important for me. It confirmed that my choice was excellent, and I'm looking forward to putting the new gear to good use - after I've written up the rest of my findings...
If you're interested in all my lens-reviews, have a look here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot. It helps me a lot as I owned the DX lens, but I never know the technical aspect of the lens performance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Syam!
    I would have never known the differences if I had not the chance to do a real side-by-side comparison.
    And with real images and not just MTF-curves...

    ReplyDelete